The GHRP is designated as a WHO Collaborating Centre in Occupational and Environmental Health
Find the GHRP on the WHO website: http://apps.who.int/whocc/Detail.aspx?cc_ref=CAN-84&designation_date1=1/6/2013&designation_date2=24/6/2013&
Our Collaborating Centre performs research, provides training and education, and develops and evaluate the application of appropriate technology in order to fulfill our Terms of References with WHO/PAHO:
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work in building best practices in occupational health for healthcare workers.
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work in promoting an effective ecosystem approach to complex occupational and environmental health problems.
- To support WHO/PAHO in building capacities to improve health equity by more systematically addressing occupational and environmental health issues
Our Collaborating Centre activities that contribute to the WHO’s global plan of action on worker’s health include:
- Use and usefulness of occupational health and safety information systems in healthcare, particularly OHASIS (the Occupational Health and Safety Information System)
- Evaluating approaches to implementing the WHO-ILO-UNAIDS guidelines on HIV and TB
- Promotion of best practices in occupational health for healthcare workers in the America
- Ecosystem approach to antimicrobial resistance
- Meeting capacity-building and scaling-up challenges to sustainably prevent and control dengue in Machala, Ecuador
- Development and sharing of tools to build capacity, using information and communication technologies.
- Develop, implement and evaluate participatory multi-stakeholder occupational and environment health capacity-building initiatives while promoting ethical conduct of community- based health research.